Extreme - Five Minute Friday

Dictionary.com defines extreme as of a character or kind farthest removed from the ordinary or average. What pictures of extreme come to mind first for you? It may depend on what you’ve most recently seen or heard. Local and national news offer many examples, and social media contributes more than its fair share. 

But this morning, I read again about Peter’s water-walking encounter with Jesus in Matthew. There’s extreme wind and waves, extreme fear, and extreme momentary faith. But central to it all is the ultimate one, the one most farthest removed from the ordinary or average-- Jesus. 

Extreme faith in Jesus is life-changing. 

Like Peter, we often become distracted by everything around us, but, thank God, refocusing again and again on Jesus keeps us afloat. 

All things are possible for the one who believes. Mark 9:23


Comments

Heather Knowles said…
We truly need to keep Jesus as our focus in these times of extremes.
Just stopped by from FMF#14
Andrew said…
Thought yesterday would be my last,
and so did my dear wife,
sure Earth would be in my past
as I journeyed to new life.
Didn't quite turn out that way,
for writing this, I yet remain
to see another dawning day,
and regardless of the pain
I'm glad to be here, live the dream,
I'm grateful for the rising sun;
Barb thinks that attitude extreme,
but I think about what God has done
for me, a crass and blatant sinner
to pay my debts, make me a winner.
Heather said…
Amen to that! Visiting from FMF.

Popular Posts