A Special Treasure

Have you ever felt like a treasure? Recently I noted in my journal that I love the feeling I get when flipping in my Bible from the concordance to the scriptures on a quest for scripture that supports an idea or treasure I feel God is helping me unearth. Strangely enough, I noted, I am one of God’s treasures. The King James Version of Exodus 19:5 states “Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people.”
Peculiar in this scripture actually means special. I’m sure most of us can associate with feeling peculiar, but feeling special and like a treasure is not quite so common or comfortable to us.

"Obey my voice and keep my covenant" was spoken by God to Moses as a message to the Israelites and is likened to the New Testament call of Jesus “Follow Me.” If you have accepted Jesus as savior and answered His call you are a child of the King, and a treasure indeed.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Rom 8:14 KJV

Comments

Popular Posts