MOM’S LABORATORY

A house is built by wisdom and becomes strong through good sense. Through knowledge its rooms are filled with all sorts of precious riches and valuables.
Proverbs 24:3-4 NLT

Building a new home and expecting the birth of our daughter, I planned a special room for my sewing and crafting located next to my daughter’s bedroom. I imagined endless hours crafting with her toddling in and out of my special space.

As fantasy gave way to reality, my special room looked more like organized chaos than the organized retreat I’d planned. Unfinished projects littered the room and the desktop could not be seen. One day, when my daughter was about four, she walked in, looked around, and, as if seeing the room for the first time, said “So, Mom, is this your la-bor-a-tory?” I felt as if she’d just discovered that her mother was the mad scientist.

Things often don’t turn out the way we plan, but when we look at them with a child’s eyes we often find they are not nearly as bad as they seem, and usually there is humor hidden under all the mess. Leave it to our children to remind us of it!

Things are never as bad as they seem.

Comments

Popular Posts