RECEPTION PROBLEMS (Part 3)

I’ve wanted to conclude this short series, but I’ve had a problem…….a RECEPTION problem of all things! I have a secondary problem that leads to my reception problem; I call it my piddling problem. Many people have this condition, although I believe those who do not have a piddling problem often misunderstand people who suffer from it. We piddlers are often a creative lot, ideas popping up everywhere and often we stop whatever we are presently doing to pursue a new idea or project.

Instead of looking at the ways to improve our reception, I thought I’d expose my own reception problems and, hopefully, refocus and close the series with reception improvement ideas. We’ll think of Part 3 as my “self-help section” and I’d like to thank you for helping me work through this with you (hopefully I want scare you away).

Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary defines piddle as to deal in trifles; to concern one’s self with trivial matters rather than with those that are important. I don’t always piddle at trivial matters; I piddle at all levels, so I take issue with this definition. Dictionary.com’s definition is closer to correct, yet still somewhat offensive to the natural piddler: to spend time in a wasteful, trifling, or ineffective way; dawdle. (Oh, by the way, I do know there is another meaning of the word piddle and a quick Google search will turn up sites that sell protective pads for that problem, but nothing to help those of us who suffer with the psychological piddle problem instead of the physical piddle problem. Maybe they can invent a patch for us psychological piddlers.)

I piddle at everything I do and have tried to find ways to force myself to focus, although I’m rarely successful for any extended period of time (hmmm, I believe I piddle at piddle control…). I piddle at my job, much to my employer’s chagrin. I piddle in my housework, much to my husband’s chagrin. I piddle at my writing and craft projects, much to my chagrin. Even worse, I have taught my daughter to piddle as well!

I promise to try to regain my focus in the next day or two and bring this series to an end. Knowing God can do all things brings hope to even the worst conditions and habits. Comments from fellow piddlers are welcome; non-piddlers, well…….just be gentle, please. Pray that I will be able to commit my works to the Lord and establish my thoughts (Prov 16:3).

Comments

marie said…
Aunt maria here---have to say there seems to be something about piddlers, we want to experience everything in God's world.
I am a piddler too, I acomplish a lot in a day but some times it is in twenty different dirrections.

I WAS HAPPY TO DO THE ART WORK FOR YOU BLOG.
AUNT MARIA

Popular Posts