Count Your Blessings

Ephesians 5:19-20 (New International Version)

19Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday season. I know it's not very commercialized and maybe that's part of the appeal. The time change brings a good excuse to slow down, rest, and do a little blessing counting before the rush of the Christmas season hits home.

I hope to post some thankful thoughts throughout the month. Would you join me in a little blessing counting?

I am thankful for the old hymns and the comfort they bring to my soul. I am thankful for gospel greats like Hovie Lister and the Sensational Statesmen and the way it lifts my spirits when I watch this YouTube video of the two:

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks, Tina. I really like the song "Count your Many Blessings". I hadn't thought of that song in a long time. We all tend to not count our little blessings but we need to be thankful for all of them, little or big. Keep writing.
Love,
Inez

Popular Posts