Little Word, Big Power

The post I planned to write, Confessions of a Word Nerd, was met by a draft blog post from who-knows-when.  It read:

We all possess it, whether we realize it or not.  Maintaining an awareness of our influence is a challenge worthy of our best efforts.
Changing our focus realigns our influence.

Dictionary.com defines influence as "the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others."
I am a word nerd and a coward.  Although I love to write, sharing my writing scares me to death, paralyzes me.  With lives being so busy and our attention spans so short, I am embarrassed to ask you to read my writing; feel guilty.  It's awkward; I'm awkward.

But if I hoard my words and stuff my desires to write, I lose my ability to influence.

So today I will try to refocus on the goal of sharing my heart through words in hopes of encouraging others, trusting God to take it where it needs to go, whether it be around the corner or around the world 

 
 


Comments

Well I applaude you. You have courage. I'm a closet coward. Afraid to even crack the door to peek out on life. You purposed something and made it happen. Maybe through you I'll be able to open a window to a life lived free of fear.
Tina said…
Lily's Daughter, Daughter of the King, you write beautifully. Please share more and, if you have a website or blog, direct me to it. I'd love to encourage you as you encourage and strengthen me with your visits to my space.

Popular Posts