Calling All Marthas



My Martha heart craves Mary moments.  The Martha/Mary struggle is real.

When email was king, before Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram reigned, a chain email suggested you ask your friends to describe you in one word.  I received several and today can only name one: striving.  It wasn’t meant to be a burden or criticism, but I hear it deep in my spirit on a regular basis.

“The world labels us, but God knows our true name.” – Bonnie Gray

Bonnie Gray’s latest book, Whispers of Rest, is an invitation to cease striving.  Bonnie has a gift of writing directly to one heart while speaking to all hearts.  Through her words, He whispers “rest.”
 
If your life is too noisy and you are dying for the smallest of breaks to catch your breath before the next wave crashes, sneak away and spend time with Father.  Go back again and again and let him refill you with His truth about you.  As one glass of water can never satisfy a lifetime of thirst, He invites us to come and be filled. 

Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”  John 4:13-15





Comments

Popular Posts