Recreated

I’d made a mess. 

I’ve kept a journal for years, but only recently have I discovered the craft of junk journals.  Junk journals sound like something no one would be interested in, want, or look at twice.  But the name will fool you. 

I’ve been incorporating junk journal pages into my morning devotion time.  And the other morning I planned to copy my study scripture onto a page in my vintage journal, imagining something that resembled a Pinterest post.  What I ended up with looked like a sloppy mess; a waste of a coffee-stained vintage page for my journal.

But God whispered recreation to my spirit, “Create again.  Nothing is wasted in my kingdom.”

So I covered the page with other papers and trims. As I did, scriptures of God making all things new and of us being new creatures in Christ flooded my thoughts.  And the practice of writing the scripture, even though I’d covered it, reminded me of hiding His Word in my heart to keep me from sinning against Him and His Word.

My creative spirit comes from the Father who made me, Creator God.  Being made in His image, who better to help me learn so much more than a new craft!
 ***************************************
and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,  Col 3:10 NKJV

Comments

Love it ! Touched my heart and soul. So blessed that you are willing to share your God-given gift with others.
Keep it up ! Luv ya, Mama
Vicki said…
I absolutely love and enjoy your creative spirit, Tina. xx

Popular Posts