LAUGH - Five Minute Friday

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. - Ephesians 3:30-21

 I'd have laughed out loud if you’d told me a year ago that I’d be writing today. My journal writings from a year ago are filled with honest cries for help and relief from my job’s stress and vision struggles. This time last year, I was at the end of recovery from COVID and the pain related to the pressure in my eye was beginning to skyrocket, leading to the removal of part of my eye. That procedure stopped the pain immediately and gave me the courage to say “yes” when God opened the door to my dreams. Dreams I’d given to him over and over for almost 20 years.

I never fully grasped abundant exceedingly more prayers. I had mustard-seed faith in them, though, and God showed His faithfulness to that tiny faith and answered my prayers, bringing to fruition my heart’s dreams of writing full-time.

I hope you’ll prayerfully dream with God and wait expectantly for Him to answer. Write down your dreams, date them, and return to them in your quiet time with God. Assume there are no limitations to what you can do together because it’s the truth. Nothing is impossible with God!

Comments

Joanne Viola said…
I am so sorry for your health struggles but am grateful you not only came through but can see how God worked in and through them. May He continue to bless your writing!
Andrew said…
Thank you for this testimony
to God's healing grace;
for some this just might be the only
way they'll ever see His face.
His ways will not be our ways,
but His heart is wholly ours,
and your gratitude and praise
for His help through awful hours
will shine in many silent souls
who've not known where to turn;
they thought of life as beggars' bowls,
but as they read they'll learn
that even for the very least
the Lord God has prepared a feast.

Popular Posts