Dare to Dream

Give what you have; to someone, it may be better than you dare to think. - Longfellow
Image by Alexa from Pixabay 
Give what you have...

What do I have to give? I have words--a love of words, The Word, reading, and writing.

I wrestle with feelings of unworthiness, yet I have dreamed for years of living more fully with words. I even dared to dream that my work would somehow include them. I'd allow myself to daydream of a workday that incorporated the things that inspire me, and I dreamed little dreams. I'd imagine a timetable that incorporated freelance writing into my days. I really thought I was dreaming big.

I'd framed my dreams in what I thought I knew to be possible, although barely. I mapped out plans to add a little more each week/month/year into my days. The ultimate dream was to work from home, writing and crafting journals and other giftables, all of which I hoped would encourage someone having a hard day or season of life; to remind them they're not alone, that God sees them and has not abandoned them.

Oddly enough, those seasons are the very place God shaped my dreams and gave me the courage to say "yes" to the biggest invitation my dreams have received.  

My dreams began with three words on a blank page in 2003, "Lord, give me a dream." In August 2021, I accepted my first freelance assignment. On February 1, 2022, I began a full-time job as a story writer for Good News magazine. God wasn't limited to my timetable. While the preparation was over many years and will never stop, when the offer came, it was so much better and greater than anything I had imagined. Answering was a leap of faith. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will always provide for us, even when our budgets become tighter as we say "yes" to our dreams. 

Do you dare to dream? 

I beg you to dream with God. Start with listening to your heart's deepest desire and offer it to Him. Give yourself permission to dream. 

On a fresh page (paper or digital), ask yourself what you long to do. Next, write out whatever it is without any limitations--not your circumstances, your resources, or your budget. Dream big and in detail. 

Save the dream, the date, and the process.  Repeat it and return to it in prayer often, allowing God to shape it and bring it to pass.

It's a roadmap to the threshold of abundantly, exceedingly greater than you can ask or think.

Be patient and enjoy the journey.

He sees you; He loves you; and He loves when you dream with Him.

Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us,to Hi m be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21 AMP


Comments

Popular Posts